Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween

 Gem got to wear her costume to school for Halloween.  She wanted to be Pinky Pie from My Little Pony.  So I made a "cutie mark" for her and a mane and a tail.  I probably spent less than five bucks on it, and it didn't turn out half bad.
 The babies and I went to Gem's school to see the "costume parade".  It was pretty hilarious because all the moms were waving at the kindergartners and first graders, but they (the kids) were trying so hard not to make eye contact and just walk by as fast as they could.  They were probably all thinking "why are they torturing us like this".  June and Levi had fun waving at the kids, though.
 
 We found a sweat shirt for Levi to be Mickey Mouse, it even has little ears on the hood (just take my word for it).  I like this costume because now it can just be a jacket.  Can you tell that I have issues about spending money on something that will only be used once?  Maybe that makes me a bad mom :)  To cap off our cheap Halloween, we used a costume from when I was a kid for baby June.  
 
 I was surprised that June just took it in stride being a bunny rabbit, she didn't even care that she had this weird hat on.  I think they all enjoyed the "trunk or treat" at the church.  I was really surprised how many kids there were.  I ran out of candy, so next year I will know to bring more.
 
 Levi of course had fun stuffing his face.  So I guess it was a successful Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment