Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Well We Do Our Best

We have been having issues, at our house, of Gem acting like a four year old. So we decided to take matters into our own hands and have a family home evening lesson about sharing.

Gem is pretty smart and she loves to have FHE lessons. She likes it when Tyler and I are both paying attention to her and she knows how to give the right answers.

So we talked about sharing. After the lesson we reviewed what we had talked about and I asked her questions like this
Me: "K, Gem how many people can have fun with these markers if I share them?"
Gem: "EVERYONE!"
Me: Gem how can I share this game?
Gem: "TAKE TURNS!"
Me: How do we feel when we share with other people?
Gem: "HAPPY!"
Me: Do Heavenly Father and Jesus want us to share?
Gem: "YES!"

So I thought we had this whole sharing thing in the bag. To be even extra-sure I told Gem the story of Jesus feeding the 5,000. And we talked about how they shared their food with lots and lots of people. I was ready for the final experiment to see what a great "sharer" Gem was going to be from now on.

I pulled 8 crackers out of the bag. "Gem," I asked, "Should I keep all these crackers for myself?" "No," she answered, "You should share them". So I gave her six of the crackers. "Gem," I asked, "Should you keep all those crackers for yourself?" She looked at me and didn't say anything. "Gem," I prompted, "Should you share those crackers with Levi and Daddy?" "But I want them all!" was her reply.

What can you do?

1 comment:

  1. Heeheehee!!! I love that girl. :) Keep trying, that's all you can do. Still laughing about that one!

    ReplyDelete