Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom

Today is my mom's birthday, and since she is pretty well taken care of, that makes it difficult for me to get her things for her birthday. So I thought I would post some of the great things my mom has taught me, to say thanks to her for being a super mom.

1- Mom taught me to be organized. I have never seen her flustered about anything, because she always has a great grasp of what's going on, and she knows where everything is and what needs to be done.

2- Mom taught me efficiency, and to finish a job when it is started. I don't think I have ever seen her start something and then not finish it. No half finished projects around our house, and no wasted time dawdling or complaining.

3- Mom taught me consistency. We went to church every Sunday, no excuses. We were never late, no excuses. She goes to the gym consistently, no excuses. Mom doesn't let things slide, so neither should I.

4- She taught me to have a snack cupboard. I am not actually sure if that is good or bad, but it did mean when my friends and I wanted to choose which house to hang at, my house had a bit of a one-up.

5- She taught me to have a budget and pay tithing. My mom pays her tithing and fast offerings every month and that is a great example to me, and I have seen the blessings that come from that.

6- She taught me to work. How can I complain about working when she gets out and does her yardwork, paints her house, and fixes up the cabin? I saw her do dirty jobs and I know now that sometimes getting dirty is a good thing.

Thanks mom!

4 comments:

  1. I'm especially grateful for the treat cupboard. Many gushers, fruit snacks, teddy grahms, and other wonderful delicious morsels were enjoyed all thanks to the treat cupboard. :) THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so sweet. I must say...and you should pass it on for me, that I think your mom is pretty great. When I was reading this I kept thinking, "she is amazing at that." Your mom has always been a great example to me and of course, as a beneficiary of the treat closet, I must mention that it made my teenage years pretty pleasant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks mom! I am adding that mom taught us to be generous with what we have. Mom and dad have always been very giving of their time, talents, and money, which has been a really good example to me.

    ReplyDelete