Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

As of two hours, I am now 24 years old. I am now as old as Tyler was when we got married, I remember thinking what an old man he was (I still think that). But now I am that old, too weird.

Anyways the one downer of my birthday (there always has to be something) is that Tyler missed it :( But overall I have had a really good last few weeks, with scatterings of birthday gifts and such stuff.

So this is my look-what-a-great-birthday-I-had-birthday list.

1-Tyler took me to a Brian Regan (click on his name for some funny videos) show up in Logan last Friday. It was a really late show, so I don't remember a lot but I do remember that it was funny.

2- Tyler got me a beautiful peridot/blue topaz pendant and earring set.

3- He also got me a pretty amethyst pendant.

4- He also got me 3 Rifftrax dvds. And 3 awful old movies that we can watch Rifftrax with. Too funny. If anyone wants to watch a funny movie come on over.

5- About a week ago we got our American Express rebate in the mail. It was three hundred dollars. Hooray!! So we went out and got a freezer, so we can finally not be afraid to buy freezer food, and I had enough left over to go birthday shopping at Old Navy. I actually splurged and spent twenty dollars on a sweater that wasn't even on the clearance rack.

6- Saturday night my parents took us to Warren's for dinner and then afterwards we got frozen yogurt. YUM!

7- Last night I made a delicious ice cream cake (my very most favorite dessert). Basically I would do anything for a piece of ice cream cake. Luckily my grandma and one of my brother-in-laws didn't have a piece which means I have two pieces I get to eat tonight. Happy Birthday to me!

8- My grandma gave me a hula-hoe and a hoe for my garden. And she also gave me an American Girl Molly doll that she has had for a long time. The first thing Gem said this morning when she saw it was "What a beautiful doll. She has long hair like me, and she is wearing a beautiful dress." So I decided the doll could live in Gem's room.

9- My mom got me some gardening gloves, on top of the birthday gift of phones she gave me a month ago.

10- I got a card from grandma Joe, who is in Arizona right now.

11- My sister gave me a twix. (Hooray, I never buy candy for myself.)


12- Since Tyler was gone, my dad helped me put together some picture frames that I had been struggling with all day. Thanks dad.

13- Finally, I think I saved the best for last, at random I was on Netflix the other day and I noticed that the first two seasons of Phineas and Ferb had been added to their instant streaming list. That is more than 50 glorious episodes of the my favorite cartoon, just in time for my birthday. How did they know?

Well after all that amazing stuff I can hardly wait the 365 days until my next birthday.

2 comments:

  1. Wohoo for looking at the good side of the day! You definitely saved the best for last. That will be so fun. Did your grandma go to Warren's with you guys for your dinner? Did you have a house salad?

    And I'm kinda jealous of the Brian Regan show, sounds like a great date night! Hope that 24 is a great year for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Tara. It sounds like you had a great week. We hope that you had a great day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete