Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Joys of Motherhood

Today I sat down to peacefully feed Levi his bottle. But everything didn't turn out that peaceful.

Once I started feeding him, he peed all over his shirt. (His one talent is peeing up out of his diaper.) "Well, that is fine," I thought, "I will change his clothes when he is done eating." After another minute or so, I see a huge fly pretty much the size of a quarter (no exaggeration)crawling up the wall. Unfortunately Gem also saw it at the same instant, and she is a little afraid of bugs, so she was quite concerned that I needed to dispose of the bug. Well Levi was still only halfway done with his bottle but I decided I needed to rescue Gem. I set Levi down on his blanket and got a snack cup and trapped the fly in the cup and deposited him safely outside. As I walked back in the door, I saw the huge wet spot on the couch where Gem had been sitting. Oh man!! I realized I hadn't changed her diaper since breakfast time. So I changed Gem's pants and febreezed the couch. All the while Levi was patiently waiting on his blanket, for the rest of his bottle, in his soaking wet shirt. So after Gem was all cleaned up, I picked up the baby to calmly and peacefully feed him the rest of his bottle. The bottle had not been in his mouth even thirty seconds when he thoroughly messed his pants. Oh well, I guess I signed up for this job.

1 comment: