Thursday, August 12, 2010

Air Show

I remember there was a time when Gem was a baby. And I was incredibly bored and I thought babies were so boring and lame. Well, how times have changed. Boring is so nice, I would love boring. I love my boring baby, when he is unhappy I just feed him and wrap him up in a blanket and he is happy again. If only the rest of the members of our household were so easy to please.





We went to the air show on Saturday at Point Magu. It was really neat, though I was in charge of a baby, and Tyler was in charge of Gem. And neither of them were even remotely interested in planes. Oh well. Tyler thinks I look like a refugee in this picture on the right. I don't think there are very many refugees with sunglasses, purple shoes, a stroller, etc. The coolest thing we saw at the air show was a guy named Chuck Aaron. He has the only helicopter in the world that can do loop de loops and other crazy stunts. (Dad if you click on his name up there you can watch a few minutes of one of his shows. It was crazy amazing in real life.)



Here we have Gem playing that she is an airplane. We were only there for a couple hours, but poor Tyler got way sunburned. His forehead was all shiny and bright red the next day for church. Of course he was conducting so I gave him some of my powder to make his face look less like a tomato, it only helped a little.








This is Gem being very impatient waiting for the Thunderbirds to start up. I thought it was pretty neat, but Gem was super bored so we actually left right after the show started :( But it was probably best because the traffic would have been horrible if we would have waited til the show was over, and it was really loud for a three week old baby.








1 comment:

  1. So fun! I'm bummed we missed it. We did it a couple years ago and it was really hard with a baby and a toddler (as I recall) and Lizzie hated the noise. But the planes were awesome and I would love to go again.

    ReplyDelete