Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wasting Time

Sometimes time goes by so slowly. Like when Gem and I are waiting for Tyler to get home from work. I think minutes turn into hours between 3:30 and 4:00.

Well today Gem and I decided we were not going to be bored. (She didn't know she was part of this decision). So we went on an outing. First we had to stop by the bank. Unfortunately they don't have a drive up window so I had to wake Gem up and actually walk inside to cash my twenty four dollar check. Sometimes I am not sure that it is worth it. Well Gem wanted to look at all the fishes in the aquarium at the bank. So I spent like five minutes holding her up and when I couldn't hold her up any more I said it was time to go. She then proceeded to cry and say she wanted to "see the fishes some morn." Then we went to Target. To make sure to expend lots and lots of time there we went up and down every aisle. We were looking for a toy for our neighbor who will be turning two very soon. I didn't really see anything super cool :( So all she got was a buzz lightyear. Gem spent the whole time I was looking at the toys saying "I want a princess dress!!" over and over. Because she could see all the dress-ups no matter what aisle we were in. Finally we needed to go to Costco, again we were trying to take as much time as possible, so we had a piece of pizza and a frozen yogurt out front before we went inside. This means that all Gem had for dinner was frozen yogurt, oh well, there are worse things right? Then we had to get our groceries from Costco, and take them back out to the car. Finally it was time to go home, I contented myself in the slow lanes the whole way home to take a few extra minutes.

This outing took a couple hours! Hooray! A few less hours at home looking at each other.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! I remember when I planned my life around my outings. Costco and lunch were always on the list. It takes time and it's super cheap!! I'm glad you were able to kill some time today. Going up and down all the aisles at Target is dangerous....unless you stick to the toy aisles. I rarely find anything I HAVE to have on those aisles...it's the rest of the store that is dangerous.

    ReplyDelete