Monday, June 14, 2010

A Three Year Old

So today while Gem was having one of her dozens of daily tantrums, she threw her head back and I could see up her nose, or more importantly I couldn't see up her nose.

"What is in your nose?" I said. She immediately stopped crying and said "One green pea in I nose."

I guess I am officially a mom now, every mom I know has told me about when one of their kids had stuff stuck up their nose, ranging from barbie shoes to tin foil. What is going through these little kids minds? They are just sitting there playing, or in Gem's case eating peas, and they think "this would probably fit in my nose, I had better try and see." Then they just go about their business not in the least concerned that they have a foreign object in one of their orifices.

Don't worry, I got the pea out, and hopefully I scared Gem enough that she won't be putting other things in her nose. At least until tomorrow.

1 comment: