Tuesday, May 25, 2010

church news

When Tyler was called to his new calling we met with a member of the stake presidency, he spent about an hour with us generally explaining the duties that would go with the calling. Well one of the duties was to be to all of the youth activities. As he said that I thought to myself "umm we have a problem" because as the young women's president I had to be to all of the youth activities. So we had a little bit of a major problem, especially with the baby coming. Luckily, though, the new bishop had already thought of that and he assured me that he would be relaxing my duties soon. Well this Sunday I was released as the young women's president. While it was tons of fun to be with the young women, I feel so much lighter with that heavy weight off my shoulders, and I wish the new young women's president the best of luck. And on the same day I got a fun new calling. I am now the 1st counselor in the primary, I got set apart on Sunday and I will be starting next week. I am excited to be in there with the kids, and to get to sing all the primary songs. I am going to load all the songs for this years primary program onto my ipod tomorrow so Gem and I can learn all the words. I am also excited because Gem will be coming into primary in January and I will be in there with her to see how she handles it. The other fun thing was that Tyler got to set me apart, which may or may not happen ever again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're excited!!! :) And how did the decision of the name come about?

    ReplyDelete