Monday, May 5, 2014

Natural History Museum


We visited the Natural History Museum at the University of Utah last week.  It was pretty fun.  However I did not get any good pictures, I got a couple mediocre pictures. Oh well, we still had a good time.  They had some awesome dinosaur skeletons there and ninety percent of everything was actually found in Utah, which is pretty cool.
In this picture I couldn't get anyone to look at me, because they were all very concerned about walking on the glass floor, with the bones underneath them.  They had two of these glass floor set-ups where they had put the bones back exactly how they had found them, it was pretty interesting.  June was very nervous about walking on the glass.

I think Tyler and I liked the gems and minerals area the most.  They had some awesome stuff on display including big pieces of pyrite and topazes and quartz and tons of other cool stuff.  Unfortunately the kids did not love the rocks as much so we had to quickly move on.   

 
 
 
They also had a guest exhibit when we went.  It was all about the history of chocolate, very interesting, plus we all got a truffle at the end.  Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment