Friday, February 22, 2013

An Obligatory Post

I feel obligated to post on the blog, it is like a curse. 

I really do love my children, I just haven't been a pro at getting pics and videos, and even when I do get pics and videos, then I have that whole hurdle of taking them off the camera and transferring them to the computer.  I really have epic struggles around here, and all of you who want to see cute pictures and videos are the ones who pay the price.

Updates:

1) For my birthday I got an enormous kitchen aid mixer.  It is the biggest one you can get, and it's green (duh!).  I broke it in by making a coffee cake that didn't turn out right.  Everyone else in the family ate some but I couldn't bring myself to eat the ruined cake.

2)  I took on another piano student and through the grapevine I heard another lady in the ward wants me to teach her daughter.  I don't love teaching, but unfortunately I love the kids, so how do I say no?  I mean who needs extra time in the afternoons anyway, right?

3)  Luke is getting much bigger.  And he is sleeping about eleven hours at night.  Hooray!  He is cute, and I did take a couple pictures but of course they are still on the camera.  You can just imagine them in your brain.  My goal is to get some video of him smiling tonight.  It is pretty funny.

4)  Gem is turning into a good girl.  I didn't think this day would ever come.  She is mostly obedient, and she mostly thinks things through and makes decisions that help her and others.  Last night we told her we were having coffee cake for dinner.  She was so happy, she loves that so much.  Then at the last minute when it didn't turn out right, we decided we were having leftover tacos.  Then her daddy made her a quesadilla with beans in it.  She had never had one before and she didn't cry about it at all.  She even persevered through half of the quesadilla and then decided that she didn't want the rest of it.  So we told her that if she didn't finish it, she wouldn't get any messed up coffee cake for dessert.  She thought about it and decided she could go without the coffee cake, and she did, while daddy, Levi, and June ate some.  She didn't cry about that either, though you could tell she was upset.  The point is she is a good girl.  Luckily she got some cake for breakfast (because I felt pretty bad about telling her she was having her favorite dinner, and then changing our minds and telling her she had to eat a bean quesadilla.)

5)  Yesterday Levi made it half a day peeing in the potty.   Then of course today he is back in the diaper.  It is really hard for me to be consistent around here.  He could be potty trained if I could spend all day with him for a week.  Not sure when that is going to happen.  If anyone wants to donate a week of their life to Levi, it would be much appreciated. 

And that is enough for today, I suppose.


2 comments:

  1. Yay for guilt trips and obligations!!! I'd say I'm a winner in this situation because I got a post out of it. ;) I'm truly sad to hear about your coffee cake. I still love your coffee cake and make it occasionally, at which point I have to remember that our family renamed it 'yummy cake' because my oldest is the most literal child on the planet!!!

    So glad to hear about Gem being such a big girl. And let me tell you, potty training after child number one is no joke. Who cares how expensive diapers are, don't worry about it...no kids go to kindergarten in diapers. It will happen eventually.

    And I vote that you delegate Tyler to post the pictures on the blog!!!! (My imagination isn't what it used to be.)

    Love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reread my comment and realized that I probably overused exclamation points. Oh well!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete