Friday, October 21, 2011

Levi vs. Mommy

Ever since my son was born and could already lift his head and roll over, I knew this day was coming. (June still can't roll over and she is four months old.)
He has decided to start jumping off of things. For example his new favorite activity is to climb onto something and if I am within 3 feet of him he attempts to jump onto me. But he is not a great jumper and usually he just manages to escape a horrible death because I catch him at the last minute.
I am lucky so far, because he has not jumped off the table or the piano. Thank heavens. But he loves to climb up onto the table to get my attention, because he knows whatever I am doing that I have to come get him off the table. He laughs and laughs and thinks this is a great game, no matter how mad I get he just doesn't understand that I am not playing with him.
Yesterday he was moving the ottoman around and leaping off it onto the nearest furniture. Mostly he wouldn't make it to the furniture but he still thought it was hilarious as he tumbled to the floor.
He enjoys moving the table bench behind the sofa and climbing over the sofa back and falling onto the cushions below. Unfortunately for everyone else in the family he doesn't care who is sitting there, this is most unfortunate for baby June.
Anyway the point is I will do my best to prevent broken children at this house, but I can make no promises with this child who is obviously bent on becoming broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment