Monday, August 29, 2011

The Fair

We are finally ready to move on past the Lego Temple phase of our life. The past few months I have given up my husband, my money, and my counter tops for this creation. Luckily Tyler got the "sweepstakes" ribbon. That means he won his category (with a bonus of nine dollars!). Tyler was proud to see people at the fair taking pictures and talking about his temple. Lots of people at church told him how cool it was. The bishop wants him to bring it to show the primary, and the mayor of Brigham City asked him to display it at Peach Days. It has been Tyler's fifteen minutes of fame in Box Elder County.


So the temple ended up slightly more than two feet tall, two feet long, and a foot wide. It used approximately 5,000 pieces, and cost more than I would like to admit.


We took the kids to the fair Friday, it was pretty fun, but very very hot. Below are the ladies.


And here we have the dudes, Levi is in the perfect pose of eating his fair donut. They were delicious!


1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!!!! I love the lego temple. So cool, Tyler. And come on Tara, you know it's awesome. Your sweepstakes ribbon is very cool too. So how did your fair compare to VC? I just remember going to the Utah County fair and being disappointed. Are you going to enter it in the state fair?!?! And my final question is did you make the case too? Anyway, congrats on the display, it's a great memory!

    ReplyDelete