Saturday, July 2, 2011

First Fruits

We collected the first harvest from our garden; two large heads of broccoli.

















We love having our garden. Tyler and I check on it everyday, in fact I think it has more parental supervision then some of our children. Here I am standing by my favorite part of the garden, six rows of corn. I can't wait until we are eating corn on the cob!















In this picture we have carrots, cucumbers, zucchinis, broccoli, and potatoes in the front. And in the back are six pumpkin plants (you can't really see them so don't try too hard), and you can see two rows of corn.






















Here is Tyler, on his right is the row of potatoes, and to his left is a row of green beans, and two rows of peas. (We decided Tyler looks like a hobbit in this picture, because there is no frame of reference and the plants are huge.)























Finally we have the other side of the house. Which goes like this, cantaloupe, plumcot tree, cantaloupe, apple tree, honeydew, apple tree, watermelon, cherry tree, watermelon.

2 comments:

  1. we are so jealous of your garden. Kade and I are trying to find out how we can plant a couple of tomato and zucchini plants in pots on our back porch. I hope all the food is delightful, not that you will eat very much of it. You will have to have Tyler let us know how it all turns out. I never knew you had such green thumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! That garden is so amazing, I love how you alternated your melons with your fruit trees, how are you ever going to eat all of that produce? I hope next year Eric and I have something similar to brag about...of course with our yard it won't be that expansive. SO COOL!

    ReplyDelete