Thursday, October 7, 2010

A New Post

Monday night we attempted to go to the pumpkin patch for FHE. When we got there they were already closed, their website said they were open until "dusk". I think "dusk" is a vague term that really means "whenever we want". So we had to find something else to do for FHE because we had all already gotten in the car. We decided to let Gem go play in the little kiddie playground at the mall. When we got in the mall Gem put her hands on the glass railing thing (we were on the second story), and she turned to Tyler and said "If I'd falled off this, we'd all be sad." Tyler agreed.

This morning during bath time Gem asks"momma we a go to a red store today?". To translate that means she wanted to go to Target. I think it means I go to Target to much, because I was, in fact, planning on going to Target today. So I was able to answer her in the affirmative.

I needed to go to Target to get three things: cards and envelopes, socks for Levi, and pipe cleaners. One hundred dollars later we were back in the car. I just really can't go shopping, I go in with a list and then I justify all my wants while I am in there. Such as tennis shoes for Gem, and a new mop head for me.

However most of that money was spent on a new outfit for me. Because Tyler and I are going on an actual date tomorrow. We are going to go see Jason Mraz!!! (For another story about that see the next and last paragraph of this post). It has been a long time since we have been on a real date and I decided that I would splurge on a new outfit. Usually my shopping goes like this, I let Gem play in the kiddie playground at the mall for a half an hour and then I spend 5 minutes looking at the clearance racks at Old Navy. If something is more than $3 (approximately), then it is off limits. But today I really went for it, I actually bought a pair of pants that was a big twenty dollars and wasn't even on sale. That's right I just went crazy.

So tomorrow Tyler and I get to go on our date. Hooray for our best neighbor ever who is willing to watch my three-year-old, and not-even-three-month-old along with her own three kids! A few weeks ago I saw an ad in the weekend paper for a Jason Mraz concert. So of course I went online to get to tickets. And to my horror the tickets had been on sale for quite some time already. So our seats are ok, but if we are going, I want to have the best seats. So I was a little put out and immediately went to all my favorite bands websites and signed onto their email lists so I would never be caught off guard again, and next time he comes around, oh, believe you me, we will be in the front.

4 comments:

  1. Everyone needs to splurge on a $20 pair of pants every now and again. You deserve it. I still think you should call me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is super fun live! you will love it. i want a post about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandpa would watch the babies and only make you watch Tyler and Nathan only half as long as I watch the babies for payment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a secret crush on jason mraz and im insanely jealous

    ReplyDelete