Thursday, September 16, 2010

Going Good

I finally decided that Levi didn't need his four am bottle anymore. (I mean, honestly, he is going to be a big two months on Sunday.) So this morning when he woke up at four thirty I spent from four thirty to five ten by his crib keeping him quiet so Tyler could sleep. However, I did achieve victory because he did go back to sleep until 6:08, which I believe is a perfectly acceptable baby breakfast time. I am sure it will take a couple more days, but I bet that by this time next week we will have a soundly sleeping baby from ten to six.

Gem has taken to asking me if we can do things "another day". This means that about three or four times every minute she will decide to do something, and when I say no she says "maybe another day?". The correct answer to this is "Yes, maybe another day." If I don't respond correctly, she will repeat her query over and over and over until the correct response is given. For example when she is watching Blues Clues and Blue skidoos into a picture, she asks "we a follow blue into a picture?"
"No, we can just watch blue go in the picture."
"Maybe another day?"
"No lets just watch Blue"
"Maybe another day?"
"Only Blue can go into that picture"

"Maybe another day?"
"Yes, fine maybe another day."
"Oh, o.k."
As you can imagine, I have learned to skip straight to the part where I say "yes, maybe another day". It saves me a lot of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment