Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Parrot named Gem

I feel bad we haven't taken any pictures lately, our blog has been completely pictureless. Hopefully I will get some pictures this week.

We have a little parrot at our house and her name is Gem. Last week while Tyler and I were playing Mario, Gem was playing with us. She shared in our emotions on all the hard levels, and Tyler and I were reminded that there are some things it isn't as cute for a little girl to say. For example, when I would die, I would utter "dang it!" and then Gem would repeat much louder and more enthusiastic "DANG IT!". Then Tyler would look at me like I was a sinner. But I got my recompense because when Tyler died he said "crappy" to which Gem replied "CRAPPY!!!". Needless to say mommy and daddy had to practice replacing our previous terms with the much gentler "oh man!"

The other day I decided I should do my once weekly exercise so I threw an aerobics video on the TV, and attempted to follow along as much as my pregnant body would allow. Well my very observant daughter noticed that all of the work out instructor ladies' tummies were there in full view. As she put it, "that's a her tummy". So I tried to give her a little mini lesson on modesty. I tried to explain we don't show people our tummies. So for the rest of the day I heard over and over and over "momma, we a cover we tummies". This is particularly awkward as not all my pajama shirts stretch all the way over my new tummy. J/K

1 comment:

  1. Nice. Tara, you are such a sinner!!! LOL. It's a classic moment though, and I'm glad it's recorded on the blog. I do have concerns about Gem playing with my girls if she's going to teach them naughty words...

    Lizzie is also very concerned and always asks why the ladies show their belly buttons on my exercise videos (even though we've talked about it a million times) so good luck with that lesson!

    ReplyDelete