Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saved by a Popsicle

I thought I would share with you what it is like to have dinner at our house. Last night for dinner I made rice, chicken, and veggies. So we gave Gem a little bit of everything. She eats very slowly. Tyler and I figured she was pretty much done because she was eating so slowly. I finished off the rice and Tyler finished off the veggies and chicken. After we began cleaning up, we hear from the table "morn rice, morn twees (broccoli), morn chikin". She announced this as though it was one of her inalienable rights. Tyler and I looked at each other and all the empty dishes, and felt bad that there was no more food for our daughter. So being a gracious mother I asked if she would like a popsicle. She promptly responded in a very authoritarian manner "ah done rice, ah done twees, ah done chikin. Gem eat pa-sikle" So we were saved once again by popsicles.

2 comments:

  1. I love that girl! She cracks me up every time....now stop eating her food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! you have the cutest daughter ever. Kade says he has thought of a name for your new baby boy. He says Lex, as in Lex Luther from Superman. I don't know though!

    ReplyDelete