Monday, January 4, 2010

I'm Back

Alright I don't have a lot of time for dillydallying but I wanted to make a quick post today to explain that I am home and I am not dead. I know you all want to see posts about our trip however that will have to wait a few days as I try to get things back into order around here, plus it will take me a little while to go through all the pictures and video we took and see which are blog worthy (if any).

Anyways just a few thoughts before I have to run off to the next thing.

I loved my vacation, I spent an entire two weeks doing absolutely nothing (that's right two weeks without a single church responsibility besides sacrament meeting), I didn't even have to watch my own child, since our family loves her so much. So it is a little disappointing to be back home and have to be in charge again. Especially since Gem has been catered to for two weeks and she now has temper tantrums much more frequently than before we went to Utah. I am hoping to time-out the tantrums out of her, before either Tyler or I can't take it anymore.

The other weird thing when we got back is that it appears to be summertime here in California, my poor little brain can't take the weird seasons I give it, winter for two weeks and then summer for 50 weeks. I do miss seasons, without them it starts to feel like we live in limbo and that time isn't really passing.

Finally the other thing I feel I must say is how much I hate going to the post office, not because of the workers but because of the people who go to the post office. Every time I go there (I had to go today to pick up all my held mail from the vacation) there is an enormous line but I think there is a requirement for all people standing in line to be super grumpy. You can just feel the angry vibe of every person in there. I want to shout to them all, "what are you so mad about, if you feel this is such a waste of your precious time, just drive the package there yourself!"

One last note to my mother. Gem loves her dress up clothes, she has not worn any non-fairy-or-princess clothes since our return home.

1 comment:

  1. It is our job to cater to Gem and we are very glad she likes her dress up clothes. Hope you are feeling well, and will work on coming down to visit.

    ReplyDelete