Friday, September 25, 2009

Funny Gem Sayings

Here in the Ross household we aren't doing too much of anything, since Tyler is still spending all not-at-work time studying for his license exam. So I don't have any fun outings to share, but I thought I could share with you some of the funny things Gem says now that she is starting to talk.

There are more than just four, it just happens that these are the only ones I can think of right now.

  1. Our favorite show to watch is Phineas and Ferb, it comes on at 3:00 which is about the time when we start waiting for Tyler to come home. Well when it is over, unfortunately, it is over. Gem does not understand how I can let this happen. So when it is over she calls repeatedly for "moan Foo" (translation: "more Ferb"). I don't understand why she puts an "n" in the word more.
  2. The other day we were out on the patio playing with bubbles. (A favorite pastime) Now that Gem talks she always tells me where the bubbles "paa" (translation: popped) Well on this fateful afternoon a bubble happened to land on her bum. So for the rest of the day there was constant chatter about her "bubble bun".
  3. Another funny thing, she has begun pretending things. So she takes her winnie the pooh doll and puts it in her little crib, gives it a kiss, and goes and shuts the bedroom door saying "ni' pooh". I guess that isn't as funny as it is cute, oh well.
  4. Finally, after lunch I always let her watch a movie, so I can eat lunch in relative peace. Well one after lunch special was Blues Clues. They were learning about colors. Joe asked "What color is it?" Gem shouts back to the t.v. "poople" then the TV responds "That's right it's yellow" Gem, with no shame, replies "lellow". As if she knew it all along.

2 comments:

  1. Love that cute girl!!! What a crack up. :)

    I always think, I should do a post about all these funny things. When I sit down to write it, I can only think of two. What the heck!?!?!? No worries, just write another one soon. She really is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...as a budding speech therapist I can totally tell you why Gem puts an /n/ in for /r/ in the word more, if you really want to know. Which I am guessing you don't. Just be assured that it is completely normal. However substituting a /n/ for a /m/ in "bubble bun" is a little strange. Did you and Tyler tell her she had a bubble bum or bun? (the deletions/substitutions she uses for purple and yellow are normal just in case you even cared).

    ReplyDelete